Series: Indian Premier League 2023
Match: MI vs SRH, 69th Match
Team: Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Time: May 21, 2022, 3:30 PM
Broadcast: Jio Cinema App, Star Sports Network
GET IN TOUCH
To Get Demo
Table of contents
- The Mumbai Indians are at a critical juncture, needing to bounce back swiftly after their previous defeat.
- In their last game, they fell 11 runs short in the final over, even with Tim David and Cameron Green at the crease.
- Nehal Wadhera and Suryakumar Yadav, two key batsmen for the team, underperformed in the last game, negatively affecting the team’s pursuit.
- Rohit Sharma, the team’s captain, and Ishan Kishan have been shining beacons in the batting lineup, showing good form at the crease.
- The finishers in the team need to pull up their socks, as winning the next match, and by a good margin, is a must.
- The bowling lineup of the Mumbai Indians, which is relatively inexperienced and had been costly for most of the season, is showing promising signs of improvement.
- In their last game, the bowlers managed to make early inroads into the opposition’s batting during the powerplay.
- To combat the formidable lower middle order of the Sunrisers, the Mumbai bowlers need to be effective during the death overs.
- Akash Madhwal will be a pivotal player who will be expected to deliver high-quality overs towards the end.
- Piyush Chawla has been a reliable bowler for Mumbai when they need wickets in the middle overs, despite Behrendorff performing well and Chris Jordan being expensive.
- The Mumbai Indians’ recent form has been inconsistent, with noticeable fluctuations in their batting and bowling departments.
- The team’s finishers and key players need to step up their game to deliver strong performances and secure a win.
- Despite recent hurdles, the Mumbai Indians possess the potential and talent to recover and put up a strong fight in the upcoming game. Their batting and bowling units need to click together to turn the tide in their favor.
Mumbai Indians Playing 11
Playing 11 will be updated soon
- Sunrisers Hyderabad demonstrated commendable form in their previous match against Royal Challengers Bengaluru, with a notable century by Klaasen.
- Despite posting a substantial total of 186, the team’s efforts were overshadowed when the opposition’s Faf du Plessis and Virat Kohli came to the crease.
- The Sunrisers can anticipate another batsman-friendly surface as they take to the field at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium.
- The team’s batting performance heavily hinges on the contributions of their international players who are responsible for posting significant scores.
- Crucial bowlers like T Natarajan and Bhuvneshwar Kumar need to deliver their best performances if the Sunrisers hope to stand a chance against Mumbai Indians.
- The team’s bowling line-up has been expensive and lacks a consistent wicket-taking option.
- The Sunrisers’ recent form shows a strong dependency on the batting prowess of their overseas players.
- The team’s bowling unit has been underperforming and needs to up its game.
- The Sunrisers may find that chasing on the anticipated pitch at Wankhede Stadium might not be as effortless as they predict.
- It’s essential for the team to showcase a robust bowling performance, as they cannot solely depend on their batsmen for a successful outcome.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Playing 11
Playing 11 will be updated soon