The Mumbai Indians Women’s team is set to take on the UP Warriorz for the second time this season at the DY Patil Cricket Academy. Having remained unbeaten thus far, the Mumbai Indians Women’s team will be looking to maintain their winning streak. In their previous encounter with the Warriorz, the Mumbai Indians Women’s team chased down a target of 160 runs with ease, winning the game in the 18th over. However, the UP Warriorz, who are keen to secure a spot in the next round, will be seeking revenge and putting their best foot forward.
GET IN TOUCH
To Get Demo
Table of contents
Mumbai Indians W
The Mumbai Indians Women are set to continue their unbeaten run as they face the UP Warriorz in their second encounter of the season at the DY Patil Cricket Academy. Having won their previous match comfortably, the Mumbai Indians will look to continue their good form and cement their place at the top of the points table.
The Mumbai Indians Women have been in excellent form this season, winning all five of their matches so far. They have become the first team to qualify for the next stage of the tournament and currently lead the second-placed Delhi Capitals by two points.
In the batting department, the top-order batters Hayley Matthews and Yastika Bhatia have provided some solid starts to the team, while Nat Sciver-Brunt and skipper Harmanpreet Kaur have been reliable in the middle order. Despite not getting many opportunities to bat, Pooja Vastrakar and Amelia Kerr are also strong options for the team.
In terms of bowling, Saika Ishaque has been impressive with her left-arm spin and is the leading wicket-taker of the tournament with 12 wickets. Hayley Matthews is a close second with 10 wickets, while seamers Sciver-Brunt and Issy Wong have picked up 11 wickets between them.
The Mumbai Indians Women have been unbeaten in all their matches this season and have performed like a well-oiled machine, with all players contributing to the team’s success.
With their consistent and impressive performances, the Mumbai Indians Women are favorites to continue their winning streak and make it to the finals of the tournament.
Mumbai Indians Women Playing 11
Playing 11 will be updated soon
UP Warriorz Women
The UP Warriorz will face off against Mumbai Indians Women in their upcoming match. The Mumbai Indians have already qualified for the next stage of the tournament and will look to continue their unbeaten run.
The UP Warriorz started the season with 2 wins out of their first 3 matches but have lost their last 2 games. They will be eager to get back to winning ways and secure a place in the top-3.
Alyssa Healy and Tahlia McGrath have been the standout performers for the team and have each scored 2 half-centuries. However, Indian players including Devika Vaidya and Deepti Sharma have not performed up to their potential. Kiran Navgire has shown glimpses of her abilities and can play a crucial role in upcoming matches.
The seamers, Anjali Sarvani and Grace Harris, have not been effective in picking up wickets. The team will rely on Sophie Ecclestone, who is the top-ranked bowler in Women’s T20 cricket as per the latest ICC rankings, and Deepti Sharma, who have picked up 16 wickets between them.
The UP Warriorz will be disappointed with their recent performances, having lost their last 2 games. The team will be eager to bounce back and secure a place in the top-3.
The Mumbai Indians Women have been in great form this season, winning all 5 of their matches. On the other hand, the UP Warriorz have struggled to find consistency and have failed to invest in quality Indian players. Mumbai Indians are expected to dominate the match and secure another win.
UP Warriorz Women Playing 11
Playing 11 will be updated soon
Team Summary – MI W vs UP W
Mumbai Indians Women:
- Mumbai Indians Women have been unbeaten this season, winning all 5 matches they have played so far.
- They are currently at the top of the points table and have become the first team to qualify for the next stage.
- The top-order batters have been excellent, giving the team some good starts throughout the tournament.
- Nat Sciver-Brunt and skipper Harmanpreet Kaur have been solid in the number 3 and number 4 positions respectively.
- Saika Ishaque has been brilliant with her left-arm spin and is the Purple Cap holder with 12 wickets.
- The seamers, Sciver-Brunt and Issy Wong have picked up 11 wickets between them.
- Overall, MI has performed like a well-oiled machine, with all the players contributing to the team’s success.
- UP Warriorz has won 2 of their first 3 matches, but have lost the last 2 games on the trot and are now 3rd on the points table.
- Alyssa Healy and Tahlia McGrath have been the two top-performing batters for the Warriorz this season.
- Indian players including Devika Vaidya and Deepti Sharma have been quite disappointing so far.
- Kiran Navgire has shown flashes of brilliance and can play an important role in the upcoming matches.
- The seamers, Anjali Sarvani and Grace Harris have struggled to pick wickets.
- Sophie Ecclestone, who is the top-ranked bowler in Women’s T20 cricket according to the latest ICC rankings, and Deepti Sharma have done a decent job by picking up 16 wickets between them.
Pitch And Conditions
The weather for the upcoming match between the Mumbai Indians Women and UP Warriorz is expected to remain clear with temperatures remaining below the 30-degree mark.
The DY Patil Stadium has a flat surface which is excellent for batting, and a score of over 160-170 runs will be a competitive total. The seamers may struggle to get much swing from the pitch, but the slower bowlers can expect to get some assistance.
Overall, the pitch conditions seem to be favorable for the batters, but the slower bowlers will also play an important role in the match. With clear weather expected, it should be a good day for cricket.
MI W vs UP W – Betting Tips
The Mumbai Indians Women have been in tremendous form this season, winning all their matches so far and topping the points table. With the presence of some outstanding all-rounders in the team, Mumbai has a significant advantage over their opponents. In contrast, the UP Warriorz are struggling with a lack of quality local players and are overly reliant on their overseas talent to perform.