History: Rajasthan Royals is one of the founding franchise teams of the Indian Premier League. The team represents the state of Rajasthan. Man Singh Stadium, Jaipur, is the home ground of RR. Despite being considered one of the weakest IPL Rajasthan Royal team, it won the first ill trophy of 2008. Various scams and conspiracies have surrounded the team. One of his founding franchise holders Raj Kundra is also banned for a lifetime from IPL. Three players of this team were also once prohibited. The pink jersey of this team represents the pink city of Jaipur. Initially, the team adorned blue themed jersey but later replaced them with new pink jerseys.
Read an extensive IPL Betting Tips analysis.
BCCI, in 2010 expelled two teams, namely Punjab kings and Rajasthan Royals. The franchise team alleged BCCI for foul play, and it went to Mumbai High Court. Later on, Rajasthan Royal decided to pursue the case with any arbitrator. Finally, the Mumbai High Court dissolved the matter. BCCI, after facing huge financial and reputation losses, decided to allow both the teams, Rajasthan Royals and Punjab Kings, to remain part of IPL.
In 2015, after the Lodha Committee’s inquiry regarding fictitious bidding procedure, while violating the BCCI norms, Rajasthan Royals’ team was banned from IPL for two seasons of 2016 IPL and 2017 IPL. The team owner Raj Kundra was prohibited for a lifetime from the team.
Franchise and Sponsorship
In the Initial auction of 2008, BCCI sold the team at the lowest bidding amount of 67 million USD to Emerging Media. The franchise is currently owned and chaired by Manoj Badale. Other investors include Lachlan Murdoch, Aditya S Chellaram, and Suresh Chellaram. The Chairman of the franchise is Ranjit Barthakur. The shareholding of the franchise owners is as follows-
Manoj Badale (32.4%)
Amisha Hathiramani (44.2%)
Lachlan Murdoch (11.7%)
After releasing previous players, left with a salary cap of 34.85 crores, the franchise bought eight players for IPL 2021. The franchise also holds the record of making the highest ever bid for a player in IPL history. Chris Morris is the highest ever bought a foreign player in IPL history with a whopping amount of 16.25 crore. The franchise bought five domestic and three foreign players amounting to a total of 24.20 crores.
Christopher Morris (All-Rounder) – Rs. 16.25 crore
Shivam Dube (All-Rounder) – Rs. 4.4 crore
Chetan Sakariya (Bowler) – Rs. 1.2 crore
Mustafizur Rahman (Bowler) – Rs. 1 crore
Liam Livingstone (All-Rounder)- Rs. 75 lakh
K.C Cariappa (Bowler) – Rs. 20 lakh
Akash Singh (Bowler) – Rs. 20 lakh
Kuldip Yadav (Bowler) – Rs. 20 lakh
The franchise retained 17 players and released eight players. At the same time, the team added seven new players. Rajasthan Royals has 24 players in its squad, which is one less than the maximum limit of 25 players allowed for any team.
Sanju Samson (Captain, Wicketkeeper)
David Miller, Liam Livingstone, Chris Morris,
Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jofra Archer, Andrew Tye, Mustafizur Rahman
Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Anuj Rawat, Sanju Samson, Riyan Parag, Shivam Dube, Rahul Tewatia, Chris Morris, Shreyas Gopal, Kartik Tyagi, Andrew Tye
1. 12-APRIL-21, 07:30 PM, Mumbai – Rajasthan Royals vs. Punjab Kings.
2. 15-APRIL-21, 07:30 PM, Mumbai – Rajasthan Royals vs. Delhi Capitals.
3. 19-APRIL-21, 07:30 PM, Mumbai – Chennai Super Kings vs. Rajasthan Royals.
4. 22-APRIL-21, 07:30 PM, Mumbai – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Rajasthan Royals.
5. 24-APRIL-21, 07:30 PM, Mumbai – Rajasthan Royals vs. Kolkata Knight Riders.
6. 29-APRIL-21, 03:30 PM, Delhi – Mumbai Indians vs. Rajasthan Royals.
7. 02-MAY-21, 03:30 PM, Delhi – Rajasthan Royals vs. Sunrisers Hyderabad.
8. 05-MAY-21, 07:30 PM, Delhi – Rajasthan Royals vs. Chennai Super Kings.
9. 08-MAY-21, 07:30 PM, Delhi – Rajasthan Royals vs. Mumbai Indians.
10. 11-MAY-21, 07:30 PM, Kolkata – Delhi Capitals vs. Rajasthan Royals.
11. 13-MAY-21, 07:30 PM, Kolkata – Sunrisers Hyderabad vs. Rajasthan Royals.
12. 16-MAY-21, 03:30 PM, Kolkata – Rajasthan Royals vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore.
13. 18-MAY-21, 07:30 PM, Bangalore – Kolkata Knight Riders vs. Rajasthan Royals.
14. 22-MAY-21, 07:30 PM, Bangalore – Punjab Kings vs. Rajasthan Royals.
Social Media Handles
website- Offcial RR
#HallaBol #RoyalsFamily #IPL2021
RR In News
- Jofra Archer is likely to miss the first four matches for RR due to surgery.
- Bangladesh fast bowler Mustafizur Rahman is expected to miss the first two fixtures of the season.
- Rajasthan royals signs Studd and Expo as their sponsor.
- Most successful run chase of RR
- In 2009- against Deccan Charger(215runs chase)
- In 2020- against Punjab Kings- (223runs chase)
- The highest total in 2nd inning- 223 runs (vs.Chennai)
- Most hat-rick by a team- Four Patrick(Ajeet Chandela, Shryas Gopal, Shane Watson, Praveen Tambe)
- Lost least number of matches in a season- 3 matches(2008)
- Mumbai Indians did not get win against Rajasthan Royals for the past two years.
- The only team which has the same person as captain and coach- Shane Warne(2008)
- Second Fastest Century- Yusuf Pathan, 37 balls 100 runs(2008)
- The first man of the match of IPL history- Shane Watson(2008)
- First purple cap winner of IPL history- Sohail Tanvir(2008)
The most potential opening order batsmen of RR are Josh Butler, Yeshashwi Jaiswal, Ben Stroke, Manan Vohra. Ben Stokes has played well as an opener in the previous IPL season. Manan Vohra was on the bench in last year’s IPL for Rajasthan Royals, but he has played well for Punjab Kings when given a chance. Josh Butler has a good performance against India in international matches. Anuj Rawat, Riyan Parag, Chrish Morris performed well In Vijay Hazare Trophy.
As far as spinners are concerned, Shreyas Gopal, Rahul Tewatiya, Mayank Markande can require acceleration. The new inclusion of KC Carrippa is also in the team, giving a good spinning jest to the team.
Chris Morris, Jofra Archer, Ben Stokes, Mustafizur Rehman, Kartik Tyagi, the Rajasthan Royals have these allrounders and fast bowlers in plenty for this IPL 2021.
Mustafizur Rehman is expected to cover the whole death bowling area. If Jofra Archer and Chris Morris play together, it can be a blizzard game for the IPL 2021. Chris Morris and Kartik Tyagi are also suitable for death over. This team’s main strength is the overseas players of outstanding quality.
The main weakness of Rajasthan Royals is the spinners, as most of the spinners of Rajasthan Royals are wrist spinners, so the team lacks the required leg spinners and finger spinners which can highly impact the team endeavors of winning the trophy. Moreover, there is no Indian mainstream good quality player in the team, except Sanju Sampsons. The middle order of the team is also not good experiencewise.
For a more detailed analysis of each IPL 2021 match, please keep visiting our website.