The Pakistan Super League (PSL) is back for its eighth edition, and it promises to be one of the most exciting yet. The tournament has already provided cricket enthusiasts with a plethora of nail-biting matches, packed stadiums, and a surge of fresh talent. As the playoffs are set to begin with the qualifier match between Lahore Qalandars and Multan Sultans, the anticipation and excitement among fans are only expected to rise.
Table of contents
The Lahore Qalandars are in high spirits as they head into the playoffs with seven wins under their belt. Being the defending champions, they are confident in their abilities and have the home advantage on their side for the final stage of the competition, which takes place at the Gaddafi Stadium.
Fakhar Zaman has once again led the way with the bat, amassing 378 runs at an astonishing strike rate of 171.04. Abdullah Shafique and overseas players Sikandar Raza and Sam Billings have also provided valuable firepower in the middle order.
Qalandars’ bowling attack is equally fearsome, with Shaheen Afridi, Zaman Khan, and Haris Rauf forming a lethal pace combination. Meanwhile, Rashid Khan’s cunning spin has kept batters guessing in the middle overs.
Qalandars won seven matches in the league stage of a PSL edition for the first time in their history. They were the first team to secure a playoff spot and achieved the biggest win ever in the PSL with a 119-run victory over Islamabad United.
Overall, the Lahore Qalandars have a well-balanced squad with in-form players in both batting and bowling departments. Their recent form and home advantage make them strong contenders for the PSL title once again.
As the playoffs of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season 8 begin, the Multan Sultans look to carry their recent momentum and put their best foot forward in the Qualifier against Lahore Qalandars.
Multan Sultans have been a dominant force in the first half of the tournament, thanks to their performances at their home ground. Although they have struggled since moving away from Multan, their recent achievements provide them with a boost in morale.
In the bowling department, young pacers Abbas Afridi and Ihsanullah have taken the league by storm, leading the charts with 22 and 20 wickets respectively. Usama Mir has been instrumental in the middle overs, taking 12 wickets at an average of 25.41.
With captain Mohammad Rizwan leading from the front, Multan’s batting has been top-notch. Rizwan is the tournament’s most successful batter with 483 runs at a strike rate of 145.04, while Rilee Rossouw has contributed with 388 runs at a strike rate of 176.36. Right-handed opener Usman Khan smashed the fastest century in PSL history in their last group match, displaying the team’s depth and talent.
Multan Sultans secured the second spot on the points table with a record-breaking victory in their last group match, where they posted the highest-ever team total in PSL history with 262 runs. The team has lost more matches than they have won since moving away from Multan, but their recent performances indicate that they are capable of taking on the best.
With their bowling attack on top form and batting lineup firing on all cylinders, Multan Sultans pose a significant challenge to their opponents in the playoffs. They will be looking to carry their recent momentum and upset defending champions Lahore Qalandars in the Qualifier.
Team Summary – Lahore vs Multan
- Defending champions and first team to secure a playoff spot in this season of PSL
- Led by top-scorer Fakhar Zaman with 378 runs at a strike rate of 171.04
- Abdullah Shafique, Sikandar Raza, and Sam Billings providing valuable middle-order firepower
- Lethal bowling attack led by captain Shaheen Afridi, Zaman Khan, Haris Rauf, and Rashid Khan
- Achieved biggest win in PSL with a 119-run victory over Islamabad United
- Dominated points table during the first half of PSL 8 with performances at their home ground
- Secured second spot on points table with highest PSL team total of 262 in their last group match
- Young pacers Abbas Afridi and Ihsanullah leading bowling charts with 22 and 20 wickets respectively
- Leg-spinner Usama Mir instrumental in middle overs with 12 wickets
- Batting primarily led by Mohammad Rizwan and Rilee Rossouw, with Usman Khan smashing fastest century in PSL history in their last group match.
LQ vs MS – Cricket Betting Tips
After analyzing both teams’ performances and player combinations, we predict that the playoff match between Lahore Qalandars and Multan Sultans will be a closely fought contest.
MULTAN TO WIN THE MATCH