They’re known and appreciated for their simplicity and availability and can be played with little too no background information or previous experience. Despite that, it’s important that you understand the basics of how they work so that you can make the most of your gambling experience. And that is why we created this guide.
On the following page, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about slots and how to play casino slots so that you can sign up for a great slot and start playing slots right away.
For example, we’ll explain the difference between playing for real money and playing free slots online, we’ll discuss how one can play mobile slots, and we’ll finish the guide off by explaining what video slots are and how they differ from traditional online slots in India
Slots 101: How to get started ❓
- Find a reliable and licensed online casino in India. You can use our recommendations since these casinos have all be thoroughly tested and reviewed by our team of experts. You can also do your own research and find a casino that you like.
- Register a new account on the said casino by following the instructions provided by the casino. Note that you will have to verify your identity by uploading certain documents, so ensure that you have all the documents ready beforehand. That way, you can start playing almost immediately.
- Make a deposit from your newly created account. Just keep in mind that many Indian banks block transactions to and from online casinos. To avoid that happening to you, we suggest you use an e-wallet such as Skrill or Neteller
- Decide which Indian slot machine that you would like to play. To find the best slots for your preference, you can browse through the casino’s selection and even play slots for free, but more about that in a second.
- With the game opened in front of you, all you have to do is pick the amount you want to play from in the interface, and hit the “Play” button. The game will now play automatically and you will be presented with the outcome without lifting a finger.
Even though slots are rather easy to play, you should read the simple instructions about each slot before you start playing. By studying the RTP (Return to Player) and the paytable, you’ll get a better understanding of how you play and how much you can win for specific combinations of symbols.
Best Online Casino Slot Sites in India 🏆
The following sites are licensed to play with and offer a great selection of casino slots. Furthermore, they are also legal to play with. If you want to find out more about a certain casino we encourage you to read our reviews.
You should always use a licensed casino when you are gambling. Playing with an unlicensed casino is not recommended.
|1||Royal Panda Review||₹10,000 Bonus||0-120 Freespins||Play Now|
|2||ComeOn Review||₹10,000 Bonus||0 Freespins||Play Now|
18+ | T&C's Apply | Responsible Gambling is advised. Gambling is an entertainment form that comes with a considerable risk of losing your money. Never play with more than you can afford to lose.
In India slots are by far the most popular slots. The idea of hitting the Jackpot is appealing to most people. And for good reason as the Jackpots when writing this article range between ₹5,20,991.00 and ₹28,21,55,192.00. The highest Jackpot ever won was in Mega Moolah and the final amount won was ₹1,641,699,574.98.
Our favorite Jackpot Casino Slots in India:
- Mega Fortune Dreams (96.6% return to player)
- Mega Moolah (94% return to player)
- Hall Of Gods (95.3% return to player)
- Mega Fortune (96% return to player)
- Jackpot Giant (91-95% return to player)
To further explain how these casino games work, we’ve put together a quick introduction below.
Your goal is to play the game and match identical symbols in connection with each other. The number of symbols needed can differ slightly from game to game but, generally speaking, three matching symbols or more, results in a win.
In addition, certain special symbols can trigger bonus rounds, provide you with free spins or make sure you get the biggest winning combination. The two most important symbols to remember are:
- Wilds – Wilds are symbols that tend to replace all other paying symbols for greater winning combinations. These can sometimes be expanding which means they grown to cover more than one symbol.
- Scatters – Scatters are also unique symbols and their purpose is often to trigger bonus rounds and free spins. Similar to Wild symbols, scatters can replace all other symbols in the game.
Note: some games have even more unique symbols and it can be a real advantage to understand what the symbols are and what their purpose is. That is why we recommend you read every slot’s instructions before you start playing.
How Slots Work 🎰
Slots use an RNG (random number generators) and RTP (Return to player) algorithm to dictate the outcome of every spin.
Casino slots are both completely randomized and automatic, meaning you don’t have to do much to play them and you can’t apply and strategies to increase your chances of winning.
You choose the amount of money you want to bet per spin and either spin manually or automatically.
Here is an overview of how slots work and their functionalities:
- Play Button: The button you need to push to play. Usually says “Spin” or is a circle symbol.
- Balance/Account Balance: Your account balance. The total amount you can play for.
- Paytable: A table showing what you can win.
- Win: A Display box that presents your winnings.
- Bet: What your next bet will be.
- Minimum bet: What the minimum bet is.
- Maximum bet: What the maximum bet is.
- Multiplier: A function that multiplies your win, typically with x2 to x10.
- Reels: Showing the symbols and spins. The bread and butter of the slot machine.
- Bet per line: Wagers per line in your upcoming bet,
- Number of paylines: How many paylines you have, varies in some slots and you can modify this parameter.
- Information: Contains general information about the slot you are playing.
How to Play Free Slots Online
There are many reasons as to why you or somebody else might want to play slots for free.
Maybe you can’t afford to risk your own money at the moment and then you shouldn’t either. Remember that slots and casino games should be considered a past time and that there are certain risks involved. Therefore, you must stop playing when you feel like you might be losing control or is running out of money. For more information on the risks of casino games, read our article on Responsible Gaming.
The second reason why you might be interested in playing slots for free online in India is that you want to test the game before risking your own money. For the same reason, you might want to test a slot before you open an account with a casino to make sure they offer the games you’re looking for.
Fortunately, all top online casinos in India allow you to play their slots free. All you have to do is visit the casino without logging in, find the slot you’re interested in, and then start playing.
The game will work exactly as if you had deposited your own money with the only difference being that you play using virtual funds. In turn, that means that there is no real money to be lost, although, there is also no real money to be won.
Every Indian online casino that we recommend, let their customers play slots for free and therefore we advise you to start playing with them.
Apps and Mobile Slots
Mobile slots is a rather self-explanatory term used to describe slots that are available on mobile devices such as Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad)
The mobile slots market is constantly growing and, today, most online slots in India can be played on a smartphone or tablet. These games are mobile versions of the regular slot machines and they work in the exact same way.
With that said, not all slots have mobile versions, which is why online casinos’ selection of games often is somewhat limited on a mobile device compared to a desktop computer or laptop.
However, the mobile gaming market is growing fast and most casinos and game developers are working around the clock to optimize their game titles to include mobile devices as well.
Most online casinos offer an app where you can play slots but unfortunately, it almost always comes with limitations as some slots are not working on mobile/app versions and only in the web versions of the casino sites.
What are Video Slots?
Lastly, we want to dedicate a few paragraphs to the term video slots since it’s something you’ll run into sooner or later. Luckily, it’s not a complicated term. In fact, all it is is another term for slot machines or modern slot machines at least.
The reason why they called video slots is that they feature some form of video segment both in the actual gaming features but often also as a background story to the game you’re playing.
It can, for example, be videos based on a famous movie if you’re playing themed and licensed slots such as Indiana Jones or Batman, or it can be a unique storyline that’s been created for one specific slot.
Naturally, these video segments enhance the gaming experience and make it a lot more fun to play.
Just note that not all slots are video slots and some of the oldest and most classic titles are still very simple with only basic graphics and sound. And that is why it can be important to understand the difference between them.