How to Play Online Baccarat in India❓
Baccarat is an exciting casino game that’s offered on most land-based and online casinos around the world. It’s a card game just like poker and blackjack, but it’s not as well-known as the big two. Here you will learn how to play baccarat and what your options as an Indian player are when it comes to online casinos that offer the game.
It is a game that you play against a dealer (called the bank) and not other players, but the rules are rather unique.
What makes baccarat different from most other card games is that your goal is not to get the best hand. Instead, your goal is to bet on which hand you think is going to win – yours or the banks. A game can also end in a tie, but you’re normally not allowed to bet on that outcome.
The hand that ultimately wins a round is the hand that gets closest to 9 points. This is possible because almost half of the cards are worth 0. Let us explain:
- Ace is worth 1 point in baccarat.
- Cards 2 – 9 are worth the number on the card.
- 10 and all the face cards are worth 0.
In other words, your goal is to get 9 points using the cards at hand, based on their value which we explained above.
In baccarat, 8 decks of standard cards are typically used. Also, you can’t get more than 3 cards during each round, but more about that in a second.
Before you start, you have to bet money on which hand you think is going to win, then you can start playing.
If you bet on the player’s hand and win, you’ll be paid double of your wager. If you bet on the dealer’s hand and win, you will be paid 95% of your wager. This can differ a bit from game to game, but that’s the general rule of thumb.
Best Online Casino Sites for Baccarat 🏆
If you’re interested in playing baccarat we suggest that you do so at a live casino with real dealers. Even though it’s possible to play baccarat as a video slot that’s completely automatic, the experience is more authentic when played at a live casino.
Fortunately, most of the online casinos recommended on this site offer live casinos with great dealers, so we recommend you pick one of those. These are our favorite online and live casino sites for playing baccarat in India. All of them are licensed to offer online casino and of course legal to play with.
|1||Betway||₹2500 Bonus||0-20 Freespins||Play Now|
18+ | T&C's Apply | Responsible Gambling is advised. Gambling is an entertainment form that comes with a considerable risk of losing your money. Never play with more than you can afford to lose.
Baccarat frequent questions and answers
What is Baccarat?
Baccarat is a rather unique and exciting casino card game that’s played against the bank (the dealer).
Baccarat is a bit different from most other card games because you bet on which hand you think will win – yours or the dealers (the bank)
A game can also end in a tie, but you’re normally not allowed to bet on that outcome.
The game is also known as Punto Banco, American baccarat, Chemmy, and Banque.
How to play baccarat
In Baccarat, you bet on which hand will win, yours of the dealer. The hand that wins is the one closest to 9.
- Aces are worth 1 point.
- Cards 2 – 9 are worth the number on the card.
- 10 and all the face cards are worth 0.
Before the game starts, you bet on which hand you think will win.
how many betting positions are there on a baccarat table
There are 14 bettings positions on a Baccarat table. 7 for the player, 7 for the dealer.
The positions are normally numbered 1-15 and 13 have been excluded since it is considered an unlucky number.
How do I win in Baccarat?
You bet on either your or the dealer’s hand, the one closest to 9 will win the game.
Due to the house edge winning consistently is going to be almost impossible.
how to consistently win at baccarat
How to beat Baccarat? Unfortunately, Baccarat is a game of luck so no feasible strategy is available, the house has the edge and lady luck will not always be on your side. It is impossible to consistently win at Baccarat.
Which online casino site is best for playing baccarat?
Our two favorite sites for playing online baccarat with real dealers are Betway and Royal Panda. They are licensed and fully legal to play with for Indian players.
Can I get a baccarat casino bonus?
Absolutely, we are recommending plenty of casinos that both offer Baccarat and big casinos bonuses. Head over to our bonus section and find out how to claim yours.
how to play baccarat online
The game rules are no different in online baccarat.
- Study the game and learn “how to play baccarat” if you are unfamiliar with it.
- Select a preferred online or live casino that offers Baccarat. Just make sure it’s a licensed brand.
- Sign up, make a deposit and start playing.
Game Rules 📜
A round of baccarat starts with the player and the dealer gets 2 cards each.
All cards are dealt face up. If one of the players gets a hand worth 8 or 9 it’s called a neutral and that hand wins. . If both hands have the same value, it’s a tie and the wager is paid back to you.
If neither hand has won after the first two cards have been dealt, you move on to the next part of the game.
This part involves a third card being dealt and it follows strict, predetermined rules. Since you’ll be playing as a player, you don’t really have to understand the rules in detail, although it’s good to know about them so that you can follow along. The Baccarat rules are as follows:
- If the player has a hand worth 5 points or less, he gets another card.
- If the player has a hand worth 6 or 7, the player does not get another card.
The dealer’s rules are a bit more complicated.
- If the bank’s hand is worth 5 or less, he will get a new card as long as the player didn’t already get a third card.
- If the player got a third card worth 2 or 3 and the bank’s two cards are worth 4 or less, he gets a new card.
- If the player’s third card was worth 4 or 5, the bank gets a new card but only if his hand is worth less than 5.
- In case that the player’s third card was worth 6 or 7, the bank takes a new card as long as his hand is worth 6 or less.
- If the player got a third card worth 8, the bank will only get a new card if his hand is worth 2 or less.
- If the player’s third card is a 9, 10, J, Q, K or A, the bank will take get a new card as long as his hand is worth 3 or less.
Now, we understand that this can seem overwhelming and complicated but there is no need to worry. As mentioned, since you won’t be dealing the cards, you don’t have to memorize the exact rules. It’s up to the dealer to handle that.
Different Versions of Baccarat in India ♣
Usually, online casinos make an effort to localize their products. In India, you find versions of Andar Bahar and Teen Patti. As for Baccarat, it is a very traditional game without any spectacular modifications to the Indian market.
With that said, there are a few different versions of the game. The most common are:
- Classic Baccarat: The regular version of the game with 3 dealers and up to 14 players. Typically played in brick and mortal casinos. The classic version of the game is no longer very common.
- Mini Baccarat: A smaller version of the game which requires one dealer instead of three. This is a very popular version of Online Baccarat and you are likely to see it in most online casinos.
- Chemin de Fer: The French version of the game, played with 6 decks instead of 7. Usually, players also take turns to be the banker in this version of Baccarat.
- Punto Bunco: This is the Cuban version of Baccarat. Up to 14 players with 6-8 decks. The croupiers are doing the card dealing. The players are called “Punto” while the banker is called “Bunco”. In this version, the game players don’t get to decide on the third card, it’s always dealt.
- Baccarat Banque: Very similar to Chemin de Fer but one player assume the role of the dealer instead of shared responsibility. Typically, 6-8 decks are used.
- American Baccarat: Also known as “North American Baccarat”. It is the same version as Punto Bunco.
Strategy and Tips 📈
Baccarat is a game of chance which means there aren’t any real strategies that can be used to improve your chances of winning.
In most cases, you win a little more by betting on the player’s hand, and therefore, that can be a smart move. However, in the end, it won’t affect the outcome of the game.
What you should do is try to find a table with the least amount of decks. Generally speaking, 8 decks with 52 cards each are used when playing baccarat, but there are certain expectations and versions of the game where fewer decks are used.
And, no matter what people tell you, you can’t count cards when playing baccarat. The only game where that works is blackjack. Just remember that counting cards is not allowed and considered cheating at most casinos.
Lastly, to tie the knot together we wanted to share some baccarat trivia.
In the original version of Ian Fleming’s book, Casino Royale about agent James Bond, the game they play and the story revolved around is baccarat. It wasn’t until Hollywood adapted the story to the big screen that the game was changed to Texas Hold’em. The reason for the switch is that Texas Hold’em is a more well-known game that people can relate to.
Play Baccarat Responsibly (18+)
Whether you’re playing baccarat or another type of casino game such as slots, blackjack, etc. it’s important that you’re responsible. You see, whenever you’re playing games with real money, there are certain risks involved and it’s your task to avoid these risks by playing in a good and safe manner.
Now, even though the responsibility is ultimately yours, we do want to help you out as much as you can. The idea of this site is to educate Indian casino players on where it’s best to play but also how one stays safe while playing.
The first step of being responsible is to only use safe and licensed online casinos and sportsbooks and the easiest way to ensure that you are is to rely on our recommendations. We only recommend sites that we would feel comfortable using ourselves and many of them we actually do use.
In terms of risks, there are two things to keep in mind.
First, whenever you’re playing for real money there is a risk that you’ll lose whatever money you wager. Therefore, you have to set a budget and be very strict with it. Never play for money you can’t afford to lose and don’t spend more than necessary on each bet. It’s usually better to play more rounds of a game using smaller bets than playing a few with big bets. Another important rule is to never chase your losses. Everyone loses at times when playing and it’s something we just have to accept.
Second, you have to be aware of the risks of getting addicted to gambling. It’s more common than you would think and can happen to anyone regardless of social status, economic situation, etc. If you ever feel like you’re losing control over your gambling, you should stop immediately and reach out for help if needed.
Also, keep in mind Baccarat is a game of luck in which you have very little control of the outcome.
There are several organisations in India that are working on helping people with a gambling addiction. You can read more about these organisations and Responsible Gambling in our complete guide on the topic.