The Sunrisers Hyderabad and the Rajasthan Royals are set to commence their latest IPL campaign with a highly-anticipated match at the Rajeev Gandhi International Stadium on Sunday. The two teams have had an even contest in their previous encounters, having faced each other 16 times with each team securing 8 victories. Cricket fans can catch the SRH vs RR match live on Jio Cinema or on television via the Star Sports network. With both teams eager to start their campaign on a high note, this match promises to be an exciting one.
GET IN TOUCH
To Get Demo
Table of contents
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) will take on the Rajasthan Royals (RR) at the Rajeev Gandhi International Stadium to kick off their IPL 2023 campaign.
SRH has made significant changes in their squad and coaching staff after finishing at the bottom of the points table in the last two seasons. Aiden Markram will lead the team, providing stability to the batting and an additional bowling option during the middle overs. The team has also acquired the exciting English middle-order batsman Harry Brook, adding depth to their already strong batting line-up, which includes Heinrich Klaasen, Mayank Agarwal, Glenn Philips, Rahul Tripathi, and Abdul Samad.
In the pace department, SRH has retained the sensational Umran Malik, who will partner with the accurate Bhuvaneshwar Kumar. The seam attack will be further strengthened by Fazalhaq Farooqi, T Natarajan, and Kartik Tyagi. However, the departure of Rashid Khan has left a void in the spin department, with only Mayank Markande and Adil Rashid as the full-time spinners in the squad.
SRH had a disappointing season in the last two years, finishing at the bottom of the points table. They will be hoping to turn things around this season with the new squad and coaching staff.
While SRH has made some exciting additions to their squad, they will need to find a way to fill the void left by Rashid Khan in the spin department. With a strong batting line-up and a solid pace attack, they will be looking to start their campaign with a win against RR.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Playing 11
Playing 11 will be updated soon
The Rajasthan Royals had a great start to the IPL when they won the first-ever tournament in 2008. However, their journey has been a rollercoaster ride since then. They will be looking to start their IPL 2023 campaign on a high note as they take on the Sunrisers Hyderabad in their first match.
Sanju Samson will once again lead the Royals this season. He is the team’s leading run-scorer and will be hoping to lead from the front. Jos Buttler and Yashasvi Jaiswal are expected to open the batting for RR, while the middle order consists of Devdutt Padikkal, Riyan Parag, and Shimron Hetmeyer. The addition of Joe Root will strengthen the middle order.
RR’s spin attack is one of the most lethal in the league, featuring Ravichandran Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Adam Zampa. Jason Holder, who was acquired for nearly 6 crore rupees, is expected to lead the pace attack along with Trent Boult. However, the team lacks quality Indian pacers.
RR came close to winning their second IPL title in the 2022 season but fell short against the Gujarat Titans. They will be looking to start their IPL 2023 campaign with a win against the Sunrisers Hyderabad.
The Rajasthan Royals have a good mix of experienced players and young talent. They have a strong batting line-up and a lethal spin attack. However, the team lacks quality Indian pacers, which could be a concern. The Royals will be hoping to start their IPL 2023 campaign on a high note as they take on the Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Rajasthan Royals Playing 11
Playing 11 will be updated soon
Team Summary – Hyderabad vs Rajasthan 4th Match
- Lifted their maiden IPL title in 2016 but have struggled in the last two seasons.
- Made big changes in the squad and coaching staff ahead of the 2023 season.
- Aiden Markram is set to lead the team and provides stability to the batting.
- Strong batting line-up including Heinrich Klaasen, Mayank Agarwal, Glenn Philips, Rahul Tripathi, and Abdul Samad.
- Retained pace sensation Umran Malik and reinforced the seam attack with Fazalhaq Farooqi, T Natarajan, Kartik Tyagi, and Fazalhaq Farooqi.
- Lack quality in the spin department after the departure of Rashid Khan.
- Won the inaugural season of the IPL in 2008 and came close to winning it again in 2022.
- Sanju Samson will be leading the team for a third consecutive season and is the all-time leading run-scorer for RR.
- Strong opening pair in the form of Jos Buttler and Yashasvi Jaiswal.
- Middle order consisting of Devdutt Padikkal, Riyan Parag, and Shimron Hetmeyer lacked consistency in the last season.
- Addition of Joe Root to the squad will lend stability to the middle order.
- Lethal spin attack with Ravichandran Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Adam Zampa.
- Splurged close to 6 crore rupees to rope in former West Indies skipper Jason Holder to spearhead the pace attack with Trent Boult.
- Lack quality Indian pacers.
Pitch And Conditions
The weather forecast for the SRH vs RR match is sunny with temperatures hovering around 35 degrees Celsius.
The pitch at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium is well-balanced, providing equal opportunities for both batsmen and bowlers. The track is generally flat with good and consistent bounce, making it conducive for natural stroke play. However, there is little movement for the quicker bowlers, while the spinners can expect some turn.
In terms of average score, a first-inning score of around 160 runs is considered par for the course.
Hyderabad vs Rajasthan 4th Match – Betting Tips
Based on the team analysis and pitch conditions, we believe that the Rajasthan Royals are the favorites to win this match against the Sunrisers Hyderabad. Despite being evenly matched in terms of odds, the Royals have a more experienced batting lineup and the added advantage of all-rounders like Riyan Parag and Jason Holder, which provides them with plenty of depth in both batting and bowling. They also have a formidable spin attack, which could prove to be the difference-maker on this pitch.